We are looking for a Principal Node Engineer to work with one of our US-based clients, which publishes some of the most successful academic textbooks in print, produces widely-accessible eBooks and sophisticated, interactive e-learning products and tools.
You will join the Achieve team to work on their e-learning platform, which provides learning resources for teachers and university-level students and, therefore, includes highly specialized technical content. This platform is currently being used by numerous schools and universities across the United States and Canada, and will soon be commercialized in Europe.
You are the one if you have:
- Deep knowledge of and vast experience with Node.js
- Experience with React
- Experience using and designing REST APIs
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience with concurrency and high volume/traffic workloads
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Experience working with distributed teams and foreign clients
- Familiarity with software development methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban
It’s a big plus if you have experience with:
- PostgreSQL (or similar RDBMS framework)
- Jenkins (or similar build/task manager)
Our Engineers bring the vision and goals of our clients to life by bringing experience and passion to the software development process. Our Engineers take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.