Descripción del trabajo
The client: provides a complete suite of digital solutions for media companies to create, manage, distribute and monetize their content across web, social, mobile and OTT/CTV platforms. Our customers include CNN, Newsweek and Vice Media; TV affiliates of NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC, as well as large radio station groups such as Cumulus. Collectively, Frankly services has over 1,200 media brands and reaches 100+ million monthly users in the United States. The company is headquartered in New York with offices in Atlanta, Toronto and Bangalore.
- Experience building automation tools to provision and configure video encoders and services in a programming language such as GoLang, Node, or Python and related technologies such as JSON/XML/MRSS.
- Strong Experience with:
- Video encoder devices such as AWS Elemental, Teradek, LiveU
- Video encoding standards, protocols, and inner workings of technologies such as HLS, RTMP, DASH, Zixi, mp4, compression techniques, containers, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, resolution, CDN’s, etc.
- Video and diagnostic tools such as ffmpeg, VLC, Chrome Dev Tools, Charles Proxy, etc.
- Video players and browser/device support including VideoJS, JWPlayer, Chrome, Safari, iOS/Android native player
- Video advertising technologies such as DFP/GAM, VAST and SSAI/DAI
- AWS Media Services including MediaLive, MediaPackage, MediaConvert, MediaStore/S3, CloudWatch
Nice to Have…
- Experience working across multiple projects with authority in several domains
- Experience with Google 360 Suite (Google Analytics, GTM, Optimize)
- Experience with Google Ad Manager
- WordPress or other similar Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Browser techniques such as cookies, localStorage, HTTP methods, cross‐origin, AJAX/XHR, and caching
- Source/Build/Packaging tools such as NPM, webpack, babel, git, travis
- Unit testing frameworks
What You Get To Do…
- The Software Engineer, Video Operations will be given the opportunity to join a growing product engineering team focused on the operations of a video encoding, live streaming, clipping (Live-To-VOD), and Live/VOD playout scheduling SaaS platform. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the video platform, including provisioning, configuration, troubleshooting, and optimization of video encoders and cloud services (based on AWS Media Services). You will also have the opportunity to develop software to automate these operations tasks.