Descripción del trabajo
Reporting directly to the CTO and managing the overall system infrastructure. This is a senior administrator and architecture role responsible for the overall technical management, operations, ongoing maintenance and support of our large scale production platform.
- Chief responsibility over systems and networks.
- Maintain vendor relationships, as required, for technical infrastructure of staging and production environments
- Work directly with the Development Team, Business Operations and Project Management in managing projects and provide final sign-off/approval for release to various staging and production environments.
- Working directly with Senior Management, participate in planning and project discussions for various projects.
- Analyze and assess areas of risk to systems and recommend/implement changes as appropriate to the business.
- Continuously assess network and systems security, ensuring a high level of systems data security is maintained overall. Report concerns directly to the CTO.
- Perform systems and network architectural design for the platforms network, including capacity planning, hardware, infrastructure, software integration, OS and software performance tuning.
- Act as single point of escalation of production issues, interfacing with required resources to see issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage risk, including monitoring, system redundancy and backups based on business requirements and acceptable risk.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation as required to all areas of the company, including Development,
- Project Management, Sales, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Customer Service, Development and Systems
- Perform special tasks and projects company-wide, as assigned by the CTO.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance (including periodic upgrades, backups, preventative maintenance, etc) of various staging and production environments, ensuring uptime and stability.
- Troubleshooting systems performance issues, formulating a repair-strategy and implementation thereof.
- Continued review of security architecture and ensuring exploitable vulnerabilities are mitigated.
- Designing and architecting system and platform changes, according to business requirements, including systematic role-out plan/strategy for deploying those changes to live environments.
- Configuring, testing, deploying and maintaining various:
-physical and virtual servers
-third-party software platforms
- Integrating/interfacing hosted on-prem systems with third-party cloud-based platforms.
- Collaborate with multiple teams on various projects and deployments
- Basic user helpdesk support (setting up accounts, VPN configs, etc)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in a senior infrastructure engineer / systems architecture role for technology-oriented organization required.
- Hands-on experience working with Linux (incl all of the below on Linux).
- Strong understanding of Ubuntu Server edition and Centos/RHEL required.
- Strong understanding of Linux mail systems, SMTP, large scale email platforms, DKIM, SPF and the holistic process behind email delivery/transfer.
- Extensive experience working on AWS and GCP.
- Exceptional problem determination and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Strong documentation and organizational practices.
- Extensive experience with many of these:
o Mac OSX / Linux (Both hardware and Operating Systems)
o MySQL, deployment, clustering, replication, maintenance and troubleshooting
o Network architecture, deployment and troubleshooting
§ L2 switching, VLAN’s, DNS, DHCP, etc
§ basic static routing principles
§ stateful firewalling (NAT, Zonal FW policies, etc)
§ load balancing and ssl-offloading
§ remote access and VPN concepts
§ proxying (especially Squid, HAProxy)
- Network, physical and virtual host system security (local FW policies, IDS systems, mac-filtering, DMZ’s, etc)
- Monitoring platforms and SNMP (Nagios, Icinga, OpenNMS, etc)
- Cloud based security platforms (Cloudflare, etc)
- Cloud-computing technologies (OpenStack, oVirt, RHEV or similar)
- CDN principles and inline caching
- Baremetal hardware, SAN
- Backup technologies
- Deployment automation systems (Ansible, Puppet or equivalent)
- Expertise with multiple Web technologies including but not limited to:
HTTP, SSL, DNS and SMTP protocols.