As part of our Global Tax Platform (GTP) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. GTP professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations.
The Senior Automation Engineer role will develop automated tests to support the GTP Project.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Responsible for quality assurance testing of solutions as established by Quality Assurance Lead
Provide technical guidance and expertise to team members and/or colleagues
Assist and troubleshoot issues that may arise in the existing Test Automation Framework.
Make recommendations to the Quality Assurance Lead to assist in the improvement of processes and practices
Review daily test results from nightly automation run to ensure that any bugs are raised from failed tests
Identify and report issues and risks associated with own work
Ability to quickly understand the application under test and the existing test automation framework
Ability to work independently on assigned tasks within an overall automation team
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting options for solutions, and when agreed upon by team, lead the implementation of the resolution proposed.
Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- 3+ Years of Experience with Page Object Model Design pattern
- 3+ Years of experience in Agile environment with understanding of Azure Dev Ops (VSTS)
- 3+ Years of extensive experience using Selenium/C# within Visual Studio
- 3+ Years of experience developing automated API Tests using MSTest or NUnit, including using Postman and/or Swagger
- Strong programming and technical experience as this role will require digging into code and interfacing with developers and delivery managers
Nice to Have
- Experience with testing a large microservice application
- Knowledge of tools and processes for results reporting
- Knowledge of Tax Industry
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Best Practices
- Experience with MAQS Automation Framework
- A bachelor’s degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience