As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
As Sr. UX Designer in the Architecture and Standards pillar you will apply your creativity and UX best practices across ATTG organization. It is an exciting opportunity to lead the change and facilitating progressive design and usability culture.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for establishment and standardization of UX components to be leveraged by solution delivery teams
- Responsible for scoping and planning of UX projects
- Responsible for setting up the system and the process to ensure optimal UX analysis and design can be achived.
- Responsible for a meaningful presentation of information, organizational structure and the flow of user interface.
- Responsible for implementation of discovery and design workshops to visualize requirements
- Defines user flow and communicates the relationship of the platform components to the business analysts/designers that are writing the requirements
- Enables transformation of ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users
- Creates detailed wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personas, usability testing stimulus, and site maps
- Plans and conduct interviews to understand user needs, behaviors, and pain points
- Works closely with colleagues to brainstorm and create concepts for Web, Mobile, Tablet and Desktop environments
- Cultivates and builds relationships across ATTG service lines and other departments to increase flow of information.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to drive an engaging design
- UX evangelist
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Be a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of agile practices, design thinking, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and design industry trends
- Must be well versed in the principles of design and fully comprehend the design elements to ensure user interface is usable in every sense.
- Experience in iterative product design planning and development
- Experience creating and working with design systems and/or UI pattern libraries.
- Fluency with design tools, most notably Sketch, Invision, Axure RP, OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and/or other UX and prototyping software
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
- Experience with planning and facilitating usability testing a plus
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members
- Responsible for assigning work and reviewing performance, requiring leadership of virtual teams
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- A design portfolio that demonstrates design process and showcases a variety of UX deliverables
- A bachelor’s degree (human-computer-interaction, human-factors, graphic design, computer science, information systems, engineering preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Management experience a plus