Join our team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a Solutions Architect, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools.
As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
The Solutions Architect role is in the Architecture and Standards pillar. The main function of this pillar is to set the standards for ATTG’s Architecture and Tax Data strategies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Implement standards for solution architecture ensuring compliance with firms standards and integration of relevant solutions sets already available
- Define a robust architecture for building new applications and releases, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks, or creating new reusable components
- Drive the organization towards best practices and technologies such as devops, big data/analytics, SOA and microservices
- Manage and lead the software design team
- Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Be an evangelist and strong communicator of the architectural blueprints of our product to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit our customers’ needs
- Partner with others inside and outside the software development organization to gather all requirements to formulate the appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate, and when to compromise, to arrive at a mutually-acceptable solution
- Work with the development team to translate the software architecture into design
- Actively participate in the development process, as needed
- Work closely with product management, software development, quality assurance, sales, and the executive leadership team
- Partner with technical stakeholders to ensure that standards and governance are enforced across our technical footprint
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Must have experience with Microsoft development and server platforms
- Must have experience integrating systems across multiple tiers
- Comfortable communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Track record that includes the design and release of high-quality, high-performance, enterprise software products/applications
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience successfully managing teams
- Work and communicate internally and with the customer at all levels, including engineers, end-users to C-suite
- Experience with designing and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Architectural experience including use of UML and familiarity with architectural patterns
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members.
- Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization, assignments, and reports to a pillar leader
- Responsible for training and standards for functional team performance
- A bachelor’s degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years of experience
- Management experience a plus
- 5 or more years of experience with server virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V or VMware
- 2 or more years of experience with either Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services public cloud solutions
- Multiple certifications across a variety of technical fields (such as MSCD, ISC2, RHEL, SCJD, DBA certifications, Networking, etc) preferred but not required