Must Have Skills:
- Certified Professional: Certification on MCSA SQL Server 2012/14.
- Create and manage multiple databases and capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database system and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles, permission of database users).
- Use tools like SQL profiler for database tuning, should be able to generate traces, execution plans, identify performance bottleneck, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation / maintain of stored procedures.
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA, Stage and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients)
- Should know to implement and maintain data compression, on-line indexing, Contained Databases, security principals and AAG.
Good to Have:
- Linux background
- Azure/Cloud knowledge and hands-on
- ITIL Process