The Virtual Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for completing technical plan, and build deliverables on projects and operational work assigned.
- Virtual Infrastructure Management Platforms Engineering & Support
- Virtualization added value tools (SRM, vSphere Replication, Turbonomic, VROPS) Engineering & Support
- Virtualization Hardware Platform Engineering & Support
- Hypervisor Roadmap Development
- Support global virtualization projects
- Service Capacity Management
- Security & Compliance
Engineers technical deliverables on small or moderate size Cloud & Virtualization or Client projects reporting directly to assigned Project Manager, or staff resource responsible for completing assigned deliverables on large scale global projects reporting directly to the team lead.
Responsible for producing Virtual Infrastructure Services deliverables meeting or exceeding benchmarks for quality and performance in accordance with the project timeline.
Responsible for maintaining effective and consistent communication within you team, within ITS peer teams, and the resources in other IT groups. Proactively raise issues to Team Leads when necessary.
Provides Level 4 support to Operations in the field of expertise.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Experienced technical knowledge in specialty area with knowledge of complementary infrastructures (i.e. storage, networking).
- Develop and deliver infrastructure solutions.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production.
- Adheres to Global Infrastructure Services methodologies and Enterprise Architecture global standards.
- Provide feedback regarding methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation.
- Produce accurate, brief and clearly written documents tailored to audience needs and expectations.
- Build positive relationships with internal professionals and client personnel by demonstrating integrity and genuineness.
- Develop a diverse network of relationships with others that entail mutual sharing of ideas, knowledge, and resources.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities collaboratively with team members to improve their level of commitment and alignment with requirements.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for leveraging information and resources across assignments and teams.
- Minimizes technical exposure and risk on projects
- Work closely with:
- Infrastructure Engineering Team/Group Leads to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans
- Infrastructure Engineering Team/Group Leads to successfully implement, use, and monitor BSC initiatives
- Solutions Delivery to build solutions as part of end-to-end projects.
- Operations managers to effectively and efficiently support the project during the transition phase.
- Sound analytical skills and problem solving skills.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Basic Knowledge of Linux (RHEL7.x and 6.x, CentOS)
- Knowledge of PowerCli is required
- Advanced Knowledge of VMWare vSphere v6, v6.5, v6.7
- Intermediate-Advance Knowledge of Windows Server 2012r2, 2016
- Knowledge of networking and firewalls
- Knowledge of storage (VNX, vMAX, vSAN) a plus
- Knowledge of Nutanix (AHV, Prism Element/Central) a plus
- Knowledge of Azure Stack a plus
- Decision making personality
- Goal-driven attitude
- Solid interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
- Strong technical skills designing, documenting, supporting, and implementing infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with two plus years experience in Infrastructure Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience in the Implementation of:
- Windows Server and Windows Infrastructure Services
- VMware ESX and virtualization infrastructures