The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PM may be responsible for managing several simultaneous projects using agile methods and frameworks. The PM may play a number of different roles in practice:
Help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team using good judgment and skill to develop a project management strategy that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals taking into account the project constraints. High level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects and with the right level of planning.
Not all the skills are mandatory, but you need to have experience in the majority of them. At least one year of working experience.
- IT Background, preferably in Software Development or Infrastructure
- 2 or more years of experience on a full time role as Project Manager or Scrum Master
- Agile Frameworks knowledge and experience (i.e. Kanban, Scrum)
- Knowledge on Project Management best practices (PMI, Prince)
- Comfortable working on fully virtual environments
- Results oriented
- Fluent English (This is a job with US and EU customers)
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings.
- Prepare and distribute progress reports.
- Identify and manage risks and issues.
- Guide the team on correcting deviations from plans.
- Delivery planning for assigned projects.
Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work.
- Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Mentoring and developing team members
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Practices critical thinking.