In aircraft servers, we use kvm and Docker, and Kubernetes, Openstack, Openshift for the Cloud. We do CI/CD, which is particularly challenging when your production servers are offline almost all time, and only get connectivity when the aircraft land! We use Ansible for some “typical” tasks and home-made stuff, for guaranteeing the service is up, no matter what happened in the aircraft (mainly power off or connection lost).
We use Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for our business metrics and Fluentd, influxDB and Grafana for system monitoring (including aircraft).
We want our teams to be autonomous and self-organized based on goals: every team has all the elements to provide solutions to their problems without dependencies.
We prefer humble people willing and committed to do great things in a great team, rather than rockstars!!!
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to integrate the Infra team.
What we do
- The API that runs inside the airplanes
- Synchronization between the airplanes and the platform (distributed system)
- Data Analytics System
- DevOps: builds, testing, deploys, automation…
- Code Review and TDD
Technical knowledge and experience required
- Experience doing backend development in Django
- Having used and build REST APIs
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux systems
- Good knowledge of GIT
- Strong attention to documented code, tests, and continuous integration
- Good knowledge and experience with Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of information security
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis, elasticsearch
- Experience with docker and ansible
- Self-motivated, diligent and detail oriented
- Team player, but able to work independent
- Eager to learn new skills, continuous improvement mindset and able to keep up with the latest technologies
- Open Source user: You have basic knowledge of scripting on Linux systems
- Proactive, with the ability to adapt to different working styles and environments
- Organized: Our industry is aviation; we need to have high control of the processes, documentation, quality… and all this, being flexible and adaptable!
- Problem-solver: You have an engineering mindset and love solving complex challenges
- Start: Immediate
- Type: Permanent and full-time contract
- Working hours: 8 hours/day, flexible work schedule and remote working options.
- Package: Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Location: Barcelona,Spain
It’s an amazing time to join our company as we continue shaping the future of inflight entertainment.
If you feel like you meet the requirements and are willing to join our great team, apply to our offer!