Our company is an award-winning provider of Connected Digital Services and Best in Class Inflight Entertainment. Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain and with a network of global offices, we empower and support full service, low cost, and regional airlines worldwide. Our digital services reach millions of passengers across hundreds of destinations in Europe, Africa, Asia, North and South America.
Our IFE platform enables airlines to dynamically broadcast premium entertainment content, channels and services, including Video On Demand, at unrivalled streaming speeds, directly on passenger’s personal devices. The platform is available to all aircraft regardless of on onboard internet connectivity.
We are looking for an experienced senior backend to join our talented Product team.
Technical knowledge and experience required
- A degree in Computer Science (M.S or PhD)
- 4+ years experience working on large scale Python applications
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in architecting complex e-commerce solutions, involving supply chain requirements.
- Experience with distributed, highly available systems, fault tolerant systems.
About the Role
The backend team develops multiple services that allows users to interact with our In flight entertainment platform in a unique way. Among these services there are entertainment platforms, e-commerce solutions, integration with 3rd party APIs, handling data and creating reports, among many others.
As a software engineer on the backend team, you will help deliver the next generation of our backend and commerce architecture. Using Python, you will build tools which are reliable and scale. You’ll shape the work of your peers, and report to the PO & CTO.
- Work with the backend team and other teams to build high quality client experiences
- Become familiar with the existing technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building browser-based clients
- You’ll identify and uphold backend engineering best practices
- Create, build, maintain, optimize the backend project and help in creating a micro services infrastructure.
- Work with a wide spectrum of partners including design & product infrastructure to define best practices and optimal solutions
Bonus Points for standing out
- Experience with CI/CD practice
- Experience with Go , Rust or any other backend languages
- You’ve made new architectures work
- Self-motivated, diligent and detail oriented
- Team player, but able to work independent
- Eager to learn new skills, continuous improvement mindset and able to keep up with the latest technologies
- Open Source user: You have basic knowledge of scripting on Linux systems
- Proactive, with the ability to adapt to different working styles and environments
- Organized: Our industry is aviation; we need to have high control of the processes, documentation, quality… and all this, being flexible and adaptable!
- Problem-solver: You have an engineering mindset and love solving complex challenges
- Start: Immediate
- Type: Permanent and full-time contract
- Working hours: 8 hours/day (flexible work schedule)
- Package: Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Location: Barcelona,Spain
It’s an amazing time to join our company as we continue shaping the future of inflight entertainment.
If you feel like you meet the requirements and are willing to join our great team, apply to our offer!