We are looking for Intermediate Data Analyst with strong database and MySQL knowledge.
Key duties include managing and monitoring the operations of an in-house model for predicting critical business outcomes with high accuracy. This includes providing support for other members of the team as necessary to enhance the operation usage of the model.
- Operate our statistical models daily providing support and accountability for outcomes.
- Develop guidelines, standards, and processes for the further development and usage of our models.
- Optimize data structures for statistical analysis.
- Integrate data feeds from external partners (such as transaction feeds from credit card processors).
- Gather and analyze web site and financial performance data to prepare regular reports for the statistics team.
- Audit financial data for the purposes of reconciliation and risk monitoring.
- Analyze user behaviour to make proposals for improvements to the prediction and risk models.
- Assist with the formalization and documentation of departmental procedures.
- Use available data to assist the development team in troubleshooting software bugs.
- Conduct routine maintenance of databases and analysis tools.
- Working on accounting reports, sales reports, member value reports, and email reports.
- Design report visualizations (including charts and graphs).
- Structuring queries.
- Setting up highly technical systems.
- Processing data sources within rules on MySQL queries to arrange that data.
- Performing tests, validating all data flows and preparing all ETL processes according to business requirements.
- Working with the Manager in the development of data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions in the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relational database development, with a solid understanding of MySQL, database design, and optimization.
- ETL development
- Bash/Unix shell scripting
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Ability to manage timelines and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent math, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Exception attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of financial risk models, actuary experience considered an asset.
- Node.js (Nice to have)
- 5 years+ of experience (Nice to have)