We are looking for a bright, passionate, entrepreneurial Senior Software Engineer, with experience in data structures and algorithms, database & systems design, and building RESTful apps.
You will be responsible for the design, development, operations of the data analytics framework, supporting real-time data & media transactions, reporting, and advanced predictive analytics in an agile environment. The development focuses on automation and scaling. This role requires you to possess, or have a willingness to acquire, skills in large-volume data manipulation with big data technologies. The ideal candidate is willing to become a cross-functional member of the team, and supporting wherever help is needed.
Our company is a predictive analytics company that builds and operates electronic marketplaces spanning various industries. It’s flagship platform, LayerRx, is the first and largest electronic marketplace specially designed for the highly regulated and security-centric buying and selling of data and digital advertising and in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry. Initially focused on creating a fully automated, transparent, and data-secure trading marketplace for the healthcare professional (HCP) market, LayerRx now has over 130 brands that are able to reach verified HCPs with unprecedented reach and scale across 550+ endemic digital supplier properties, 10,000+ non-endemic supplier properties and a vast array of digital channels including mobile/desktop browser, email, mobile app, video, and search. This expansive marketplace also enables multiple data providers (TRx, NRx, claims, etc.) to securely license their data in real-time to facilitate advanced targeting of HCPs and their associated patients (DTC) in a fully HIPAA-compliant manner.
● Design, develop, code-review, QA, document, and deploy data processing framework and client-facing application components
● Work closely with senior management, product management, fellow engineers, and DevOps quickly progress the platform
● Investigate and resolve customer and production issues
● Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
● A proactive individual with a strong problem solving mindset who can help think broadly about system implications
● Expert mastery of Java development (Java 8+) (10+ years professional experience with Core Java development or equivalent expertise)
● Expert mastery of SQL (6+ years professional experience or equivalent expertise)
● Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics
● Strong understanding of optimizing and designing relational databases and NoSQL stores
● Experienced with RESTful interfaces and protocols
● Experienced with building Microservices architectures
● Experienced with Spring, Spring Boot
● Experienced with Git (Bitbucket, Github)
● Experienced with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
● Experience with Cloud Computing tools like AWS: EC2, ELB, ECS, Redshift, RDS, Lambda, Elasticache, Firehose
● Experienced with working and developing on Linux: Red Hat, CentOs, Fedora, or Debian/Ubuntu
● Experienced with working with containers, like Docker
● Proficiency in Python, Shell
● Familiarity with building ETL pipeline, Ad tech platforms, low latency transactional systems, trading platforms, or analytical dashboards is a plus
● Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)