Our company is a digital financial services provider that develops, operates and grows a technological platform that focuses on increasing and facilitating access to digital financial services (including bill & payment aggregation, retail payments, agent banking, corporate & bulk payments) to people, companies and government entities of all income level across Cameroon.
We are engaging our expansion phase in Cameroon and within the CEMAC (Central African) region with the goal of establishing the company as the #1 leading player in the Fintech and Digital Financial space.
You will be an integral part of the international technology and development team with the responsibility of collaborating with software developers, business analysts, quality engineers, software architects and scrum masters to plan, design, develop, test and maintain maviance PLC development projects, as per Agile process.
You will develop new user-facing features for our applications in the payment and fintech sector, while upholding our high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
We’re looking for someone who is energetic and creative; who is persistent and resilient; who likes tackling problems and has a passion for shaping the future and positioning our brand as a thought leader in the B2B space.
● You have at least 4+ years of experience in a comparable role in a fast-growing/scale-up environment where you have worked on a variety of projects
● Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles, experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and experience with data structure libraries (e.g.,Immutable.js)
● Knowledge of the responsive design techniques and the ability to deliver cross-browser and cross-platform solutions
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, browserify etc.
● Knowledge of building and deploying applications in React native in Google Play Store (and ideally iOS App Store)
● Expertise in HTML5, CSS3 and experience working with RESTful (JSON) API services/ JSON Web Token
● Experience with software design and development in a testdriven environment
● You are of the M-Shaped Type with deep as well as broad knowledge and experience in multiple areas
● Ability to write well-documented, clean code
● You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re not afraid to be “hands-on” to get it done.
● You have a passion for learning, innovation and finding new efficiencies.
● You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail and can balance multiple demands and competing and changing priorities.
● You are proactive and you take ownership.
● You are comfortable with collaboration tools and technology
● Developing new user-facing features using React.js for web and mobile (React Native)
● Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
● Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
● Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
● You will be involved in the entire life cycle of various projects including requirements gathering, architecture, design & coding, testing support, infrastructure estimation & deployment
● Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
● Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
● Be involved in the entire life cycle of various projects including requirements gathering, architecture, design & coding, testing support, infrastructure estimation & deployment.
● Use agile methodologies to plan and track work.
● Implement automated code-based quality assurances in our projects to support our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline
Excellent command of English & French Language: Reading, Writing, Speaking
● Entrepreneurial + fast growing mindset
● Creative and Reliable
We are offering you an exciting and promising opportunity.
● Competitive salary
● Fast paced and dynamic environment, where you can make an impact
● Opportunity to work with leading technologies
● Growing global organization with a highly entrepreneurial spirit