The Automation Test Engineer works in a global test team responsible for the delivery of tested systems into production, interpreting business and technical requirements and executing functional testing activities across the organization. The Testing Services practitioner role also includes experience in building and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, reporting defects and follow up, maintaining the automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development Testing. The Test Analyst works closely with Software Developers and other engineers in scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. The person is also responsible for maintaining effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team (onshore/offshore) and the peers in other IT groups.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Participate in functional and non-functional testing of SAAS based applications.
- Conduct thorough analysis of requirements specifications and design documents and use structured techniques to identify testable conditions.
- Helps resolves technical impediments , troubleshoots technical issues
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation under guidance of test lead.
- Log defects in the reporting tool and participate in triage meetings.
- Adhere to best testing processes to support global Validation & testing activities including SAFe agile.
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Conduct tests and undertake analysis of results to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and/or client and technical requirements.
- Send Daily Status reports to the lead summarizing the tasks accomplished for the day and outstanding tasks planned for the subsequent period.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other IT Services functions and customers to expedite delivery of IT solutions.
- Work closely with offshore third-party vendors to deliver projects to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Able to effectively solve the most complex tasks related to both technical and organizing sides of work.
- Able to perfectly performs senior QA duties and knows best how to prioritize, plan and delegate tasks.
- Proactivity and willingness to take responsibility.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Selenium/Karate with any programming language (Java / Python / C#).
- Test automation of APIs (SOAP and REST services) knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Knowledge on Azure cloud infrastructure is strongly recommended.
- Knowledge on GCP and/Ali Cloud is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge on CI/CD tools like Jenkins or AzureDev Ops.
- Experience and knowledge on any test and defect management tool like Azure DevOps, ALM, TFS or JIRA.
- Experience in working with Agile team and strong knowledge on Agile process.
- Experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality thorough the entire software development cycle.
- Good knowledge of database concepts, experience in writing SQL Scripts is a plus
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-4 Years of experience in Testing with hands-on experience in Automation Testing
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
• Certified Software Test Automation Specialist (CSTAS) or ISTQB professional certificates that supplements formal education
- Annual bonus.
- 1 extra week of holidays
- In company english classes
- Swiss medical or Osde