We are a design platform that brings unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its tech-enabled crowdsourcing model, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that we always sell continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured and fulfilled through our production and distribution capabilities, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work, while letting us do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers with design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.
- Work alongside other developers to support and improve high traffic fundamental ecommerce pages
- Build both frontend and backend application code for product pages that excel in their design sensibility, user experience, and utility
- Collaborate with product development, user experience, merchandising operations, and product launch teams to deliver projects with measurable business results
- Ensure a high-quality codebase with design and code review as well as automated test coverage
- Enthusiastic about doing the right thing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Passionate about crafting intuitive, responsive, customer-facing web applications
- Eager to write well-tested, maintainable, and scalable application code
- Empathetic with users and devoted to exceptional user experience
- Strong, proactive, written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in a self-managed, partially-remote culture
- 3+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience working on and an understanding of both client-side and server-side code
- Comfort working closely with databases and crafting a strong data model, along with schema migration and form validation
- An interest in restoring and supporting legacy systems as well as developing new green field projects
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile software development environment
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Solr, or equivalent document management system.
- Experience with Docker and containerization tooling, such as docker swarm, docker compose, etc.