We’re looking for a strong senior-level Backend Engineer.
You’ll be a part of a strong engineering culture building modular software using the latest technologies like React, Django, PostgreSQL, and Docker running on AWS cloud. We believe in automation and strong architecture. With us, you’ll be building robust microservices on the backend, single source of truth data lake, as well as modern componentized front end experience. Join us, it won’t be boring.
What’s in it for you:
1. Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
2. Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
4. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
5. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
6. Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
7. Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
1. 7+ years experience in software engineering..
2. 5+ years of full-time hands-on experience building backend features using any of the following Python / Django or Ruby on Rails / Node.js / Java / C# / PHP / Go.
3. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
4. Established experience of writing maintainable code.
5. Unit testing experience.
6. Extensive knowledge of web development, relational databases, and REST APIs.
7. Proficiency with a variety of protocols.
8. Experience debugging using SQL.
9. Require minimal direction and capable of independently gathering missing pieces in order to complete tasks.
10. Being a problem solver who can present their ideas that might be different from others
and gather consensus.
11. Experience and desire for mentoring junior engineers.
12. Ability to perform high quality code reviews to ensure standards are met and learn together.
13. Ability to lead technical initiatives including gathering requirements from the stakeholders, designing technical solutions, and implementing them.
14. Ability to collaborate with teammates cross-functionally to understand how they consume the decisioning platform.
Nice to have:
1. Runtime and memory complexity using Big O notation.
2. A formal Computer Science degree.
3. Working experience in a proper Agile / Scrum team environment.
4. Deep understanding of automated testing, ability to set up automated testing frameworks, testing architecture, data seeding, mocking, and implementing best testing practices.
5. Growth stage startup experience.
6. Technical leadership experience.
7. Team management experience.
8. Open source contributions, presentations, and publications.