We’re looking for a strong senior-level Data Engineer.
You’ll be a part of a strong engineering culture building modular software using the latest technologies like React, Django, PostgreSQL, and Docker running on AWS cloud. We believe in automation and strong architecture. With us, you’ll be building robust microservices on the backend, single source of truth data lake, as well as modern componentized front end experience. Join us, it won’t be boring.
What’s in it for you:
1. Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
2. Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
4. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
5. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
6. Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
7. Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
1. 7+ years experience in software engineering.
2. 5+ years of experience building data pipelines using Python, Spark, SQL, AWS, Hadoop.
3. Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
4. Experience working with Parquet or equivalent file based data storage format.
5. Established experience of writing maintainable code.
6. Unit testing experience.
7. Require minimal direction and capable of independently gathering missing pieces in order to complete tasks.
8. A problem solver who can present their ideas that might be different from others and gather consensus.
9. Experience and desire for mentoring junior engineers.
10. Ability to perform high quality code reviews to ensure standards are met and learn together.
11. Ability to lead technical initiatives including gathering requirements from the stakeholders, designing technical solutions, and implementing the solutions.
12. Ability to collaborate with teammates cross-functionally.
Nice to have:
1. Runtime and memory complexity using Big O notation.
2. AWS Lambda experience.
3. A formal Computer Science degree.