As a Sr System Administrator, your mission is to connect the dots between business needs and technology. You are a builder at heart who takes joy in the alchemy of art, science, and hard work that make up digital experiences. Knowing that process determines outcomes, you collaborate, ask questions, challenge the status quo, embrace agility, and seek to improve everything you touch. You take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
- 5+ years experience in a Systems/Operations role as part of a team
- Good Linux system level skills with the ability to configure, customize, and support typical UNIX daemons, including NFS, BIND and Apache.
- Experience with load balancing technologies (Keepalived, Consul)
- Experience with routing and switching (BGP, Quagga, Cisco IOS/NXOS)
- Hadoop and related technologies (HDFS, YARN, Hive, Tez, Flume, Zookeeper, Ambari)
- Experience with the use, maintenance and configuration of monitoring, metrics and logging infrastructure (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Icinga/Nagios, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum/Kanban software development methodologies
- Experience operating in hybrid on-prem/public cloud environment and/or using container cluster management systems (hosted or on-prem Kubernetes)
- Experience running authentication infrastructure (SSO)
- NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Scylla) and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Open source virtualization technologies (oVirt) and messaging brokers (Kafka)