We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing design and research team. In this role you will guide the product experiences for our learning community products from research to discovery to detailed designs to launch. You’ll partner with product designers, user researchers, product managers, engineers and cross-functional roles to elevate the user experience for our global community of teachers, students, parents and school admins who use our web and mobile products every day.
Our team is a diverse group of designers and researchers that likes to have fun while making a difference. We relish the challenges and opportunities that come with building a top-notch design team — people, process, culture, growth, impact — and that’s why we need your help.
Some of the ways you’ll make an impact:
● Lead the collaboration with product, engineering, data and research to drive the product vision, roadmap and goals.
● Partner with user research and data teams to translate insights into design goals, concepts and guidelines.
● Design rapidly and iteratively on initial concepts, wireframes, and user flows, informed by user research, trends, and your best ideas.
● Mentor other designers and providing ongoing feedback and support to help them grow in their roles.
● Develop prototypes and detailed specs to effectively communicate to partner Product Management and Engineering teams.
● Fostering a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process.
● Design for both mobile and web products.
● Find compelling ways to communicate insights, advocate for our users and cultivate an empathetic culture across the company.
This role is a good fit if you bring:
● Lead design experience managing cross-functional projects that involve key
stakeholders, product teams and cross-functional roles.
● A track record of creating thoughtful and well-crafted products for mobile and web platforms.
● Experience working within an agile/lean product development process or experience working on multiple projects simultaneously while working with multiple teams in a highly collaborative environment.
● Expertise in user-centered design methodologies.
● Experience working closely with user research and data roles.
● Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
● Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills.
You need to have:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Human and Computer Interaction, Web Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent practical work experience.
● 5+ Years of experience designing for high-traffic, multi-platform products.
● A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that highlights your involvement, from research and discovery to detailed design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love.