- As our first platform/infrastructure-focused engineer, you will lead our technical efforts as we grow our user base (and potentially our team) across several orders of magnitude.
- You enjoy helping other engineers be more productive, whether that is through setting up a scalable/reliable production environment, a developer-friendly local development environment, or through coaching and mentoring.
- You don’t mind diving deep into infrastructure and build layers, while still keeping an eye on the big picture.
- You will have significant input into the processes, rituals, and tools we use in order to create a high performing engineering team.
- You will typically work with a lot of autonomy, and be expected to «own» the full implementation of whatever you work on.
- You have experience with building/scaling production environments for high-scale internet products.
- You have experience with setting up development environments that scale across dozens of engineers.
- You are familiar with or interested in concepts like CI/CD, continuous deployment, infrastructure-as-code, etc.
- You are comfortable ensuring the security of our code and production environments.
- You don’t have to tick all the technology boxes, but they’re definitely an added benefit
- Online data services (PostgreSQL, Redis).
- Offline data services (job queues, batch/stream processing).
- Python web apps (Django, wSGI), environments and their environments (pip).
- React and React Native applications and their environments (e.g. yarn, lerna, babel, Typescript)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.