- As one of our first backend engineers, you will play a critical role in transitioning our current backend system (Python/Django/DRF) to a robust, production-ready application.
- You will be more than just a software craftsperson; you will also be a thought partner in building a product, company, and culture we are proud of.
- You will have significant input into the processes, rituals, and tools we use in order to create a high performing engineering team.
- You consider yourself a «product-centric» engineer and take pride in building something people love. You are opinionated about the user experience.
- 3+ years experience in full-stack development with Python/Django/DRF.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with best practices in engineering, architecture, security, and design for both web and mobile apps.
- Familiar with best practices around architecture and designing fault-tolerant, scalable systems.
- Experience with early-stage company best practices including rapid iteration with robust metrics and qualitative user feedback.
- Nice to have: Experience working in a financial technology company (accounting, investing, banking, etc)
- Nice to have: Experience working in a remote-first culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.