We bring everyone in the education community together to help learners succeed. We create technology, content and platforms that connect teachers, students and parents to each other and help all learners discover their passions and improve their skills.
We are looking for a backend tech lead: our current stack is React.js and Ruby on Rails and MySQL and we are looking for someone who feels confident in Rails and understands best practices. We are big on making developers’ lives easier and currently working on transforming our DevOps stacking using Terraform and Kubernetes. We believe continuous learning is a cornerstone value of any talented engineer, and what better way to learn than by building high-
● Works with team to set high level architecture and direction for our backend application.
● Helps look at new technologies to integrate into our stack and evaluate needs
● Has the ability to take ownership of a feature and lead all life cycle stages for that feature including requirement analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
● Work closely with QA and Product on a rotation basis to handle reported bugs/issues
● Perform code reviews for your peers.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related major
● 2+ years leading a team or helping architect apps from the ground up
● 4+ years experience in Ruby on Rails
Nice To Have
● Experience working with databases, distributed systems, concurrency
● Experience working with Cloud IaaS (e.g. AWS)