We’re looking for a strong senior-level Android software engineer.
In this role you’ll be working with IoT devices developing several apps for the modern laundry experience. Most of the development will be using Android. The apps you’ll be working on are:
● Controller app that controls the machines using AWS IoT.
● Kiosk app (Android tablet) with self checkout, payment, MQTT, and real time
● End user Android and iOS app.
What’s in it for you
1. Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
2. Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
3. We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
4. Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
5. Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
6. Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
7. Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
1. 5+ years of full time hands on coding experience.
2. 3+ years of hands-on full time experience with Android.
3. Advanced verbal and written English.
4. Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
5. Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
6. Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
7. Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
Nice to have
1. Located or authorized to work in the US with a work visa or similar.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
3. 1+ year of full time hands on experience with iOS.
4. Experience with Greengrass, IoT, GraphQL as well as other third-party libraries and APIs.
5. Familiarity with Android Real-Time communication using MQTT.
6. Hands on iOS experience.
7. Automated testing.
8. Code complexity, Big O notation.