As a Backend Engineer at our company, you will be part of a highly motivated international team with a strong ambition for solving our customers’ problems. Your main responsibility will be extending, maintaining, and improving our core business logic and making it available through our API at scale. You will closely collaborate with the frontend and product teams within the Scrum framework to deliver a high-quality user experience. Key Expectations for a Backend Engineer at our company are:
• Collaborating with product management and other stakeholders to iteratively create new features and improve existing ones in our web and mobile applications.
• Utilizing modern technologies in the application development process and self- studying to stay ahead of the curve.
• Contributing to architectural decisions with scalability in mind.
• Openly discussing possible chances for improving existing workflows and processes.
• Seeking and giving feedback on your work and that of your coworkers via multiple channels (one-on-one and group meetings, code reviews).
• A cause, a community and a career.
• A competitive base compensation package with very attractive earning potentials.
• Bi-weekly team retros with food and drinks and monthly team outings.
• Flexible regulations for remote work (home office).
• Adjustable desks and the tools of your choice.
• Free fruits, drinks and a breakfast bar.
• Excellent experience with Ruby on Rails.
• A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
• Experience with SQL and understanding how relational DBs work.
• Strong ambition to produce maintainable, high-quality code.
• Assuring quality by writing automated tests.
• Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment.
• Excellent understanding of the entire software development lifecycle and working in an agile team.
• Fluency in English, written and spoken.
• Prior knowledge of libraries and tools listed in the backend tech stack.
• Experience using Ruby in general (without Rails).
• Continuous deployment and integration know-how.
• Experience in identifying and resolving potential performance bottlenecks.
• Good understanding of modern API design practices and standards.