You’ll help to build scalable, robust, rock-solid solutions that provide a smooth customer experience. You’ll be responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of large-scale, multi-tier distributed software applications and tools. Innovate with us and showcase your work to millions of users across the United States. The technology stack includes Kubernetes microservice environment, each service with a separate PostgreSQL datastore. We use Kafka to communicate between our microservices written in Ruby on Rails and Go. Our system serves 10 million events per month.
This is your opportunity to do exciting production-grade work in Go. We’re implementing performant dispatch algorithms routing thousands of orders per day. New services and ETL pipelines are developed using the proper design patterns and focusing on efficiency. Join us, it’ll be fun!
What’s in it for you
● Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
● Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
● We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
● Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
● Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
● Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
● Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
● 1+ years of full-time hands-on work experience in Go.
● 5+ years of full-time hands-on work experience as a Back End Developer.
● Upper-intermediate to Advanced level of verbal English.
● Proactive communication skills that establish trust.
● Passion for building top-notch software applications and tools.
● Customer experience mindset.
● Experience with unit testing and backend integration testing.
● Experience working with other engineers within a team and across teams proactively.
● Ability to take product requirements and develop software architectures and designs.
● Ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software as well as build new product features.
● Experience managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
● Basic ability to troubleshoot applications running in Linux-based environments and in
Nice to have:
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
● Experience with Kubernetes.
● Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
● Big O notation.
● Experience with CI/CD (we use CircleCI).
● IaC experience (we use Pulumi).