Our client is the largest technology company focused on member engagement for healthcare organizations helping them to connect people to health. By using behavioral research, data science, and adaptive multi-channel platform, they deliver personalization at scale for the most trusted healthcare organizations in all 50 states in the USA, including seven of the 10 largest health plans. With cutting-edge technologies like AWS, Python, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Typescript, Ruby, React, and Node.js implementing features test first, believing in strong CI/CD principles, the company is building a great engineering culture where you’ll be thriving and constantly learning new things. We’re a solid team of entrepreneurs with previous startup success. The current product is integrated with Machine Learning and AI. We’re using event-driven architecture on the backend with microservices serving millions of people every year and sending tens of thousands of messages every hour. Join us, it won’t be boring!
What’s in it for you
● Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
● Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
● We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
● Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
● Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
● Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
● Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
● 5+ years of full-time hands-on experience in coding.
● 1+ year of experience with automated tests using Ruby, Cucumber or Python.
● 1+ years of software development experience.
● Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
● Experience developing and writing queries for RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
● Experience with source control GitHub or similar.
● Experience working with Agile methodologies and cross-functional teams.
● Hands-on experience with JSON data structures.
● Strong communication and collaboration skills, being able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
● Passionate about well-crafted, high-quality code that is built to scale.
● Create systems and automated tests to ensure the quality of our platform.
● Write clear, concise Test Cases.
● Identify, record, document thoroughly, track bugs, create and perform thorough regression tests.
● Participate in the monitoring of our standard quality metrics.
● Apply an engineering mindset and follow best practices established by the team to ensure quality and timely delivery. A continuous deployment mindset.
● Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
● Someone who thrives in a faced pace evolving company and is able to embrace change to drive the product forward.
Nice to have
● 2+ years of full-time hands-on experience in a professional setting doing QA automation.
● Professional hands-on experience with Ruby and Cucumber or RSpec.
● Experience with AWS Lambda (or GCP Cloud Functions, or Azure Functions, or similar).
● SQL experience.
● NoSQL experience with Mongo or similar.
● 1+ year of DevOps experience
● Deep understanding of automated testing, ability to set up automated testing frameworks, testing architecture, data seeding, mocking, and implementing best testing practices.
● Knowledge of Runtime and memory complexity using Big O notation.
● Technical leadership experience.
● Team management experience.
● Open-source contributions, presentations, and publications.