Descripción del trabajo
Want to work on the coolest technology while growing your career, in a group that cares about
people just as much as products?
If you’re an database engineer who is looking to grow, come on board! Our client has great experience in AWS and keeps learning- and their senior engineers and developers are eager to brainstorm,vmentor, and get software built together. They built software, and they want to keep being better at it!
Not only do they have deep database and systems programming problems to solve for their
application, but they also minimize the effort required to maintain SQL databases by automating
administrative tasks like backup / restore, scaling CPU / RAM / storage and replication / failover for high availability, allowing their developers to spend their valuable time focused on building their businesses.
The company has challenging problems to solve in distributed systems, concurrency, database internals, caching, query optimization, languages, and performance engineering. They intend to be the ones that are proud of their own data structure having the best and fastest database, built by an excellent team, all while having fun.
What About You?
As a Database Engineer, you will be enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to solving real-world business problems and you will be passionate about working with our Developer teams. You must be able to translate developer’s needs and use cases into technical innovation and robust data
structures on AWS.
The DBA team is actively engaged in the ongoing database engineering process, partnering with
development groups and providing deep subject matter expertise input as stakeholders to design
reviews, and as an advocate for bringing forward and resolving business issues. In this role you act
as the “Voice of the Information” helping software engineers understand how to use databases.
Preferred Qualifications (the more, the better)
● 4+ years of experience engineering, administering and managing multiple relational database flavors (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
● Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining databases including MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
● Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting
● Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems
● Broad awareness of online business workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
● Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database
● Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-
related issues and also providing systems architecture leadership.
● Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
● Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization,
● Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
● Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
● Proven track record of automating tasks
● Excellent communication skills.
Detalles del trabajo