Descripción del trabajo
We are looking for a Network Support Technician for one of our important clients. This position provides network change and device support for Telecommunications Operations. This includes changes related to DNS, Data Center, IP space management and Load Balancing (Citrix Netscaler) mainly within the Global Data Centers.
In addition, requirements include device fault management and the reviewing of logs to identify faults, track interfaces showing errors, high utilization or discards. Device management also includes scheduling replacements or upgrades of network equipment. As part of this position, this role is expected to assist and/or carry out audits around device configurations, inventory etc. and update inventory management databases as needed.
What are you going to do?
- Reporting to the Network Operations Lead as part of the Infrastructure Systems Management Team, the candidate will interact and collaborate with
- peers and personnel from other Teams/disciplines to help coordinate change and device management related activities.
- Research, evaluate, analyze, implement and troubleshoot DNS change requests on various platforms such as Windows DNS,
- Unix BIND and BlueCat appliances.
- Add, Modify and Remove DNS records: A/PTR/MX/CNAME/TXT for forward and reverse resolution.
- SSL End-to-End/Offloading/Pass-through load balancing implementations and troubleshooting using Citrix Load Balancers (NetScaler, SLB/GLB)
- IP address allocation
- As part of the usual daily work, the candidate must also update and maintain documentation and spreadsheets as deemed appropriate to meet
- operational and ITIL requirements for all network services or change requests. All work must meet time and quality based SLAs or OLAs for the
- change requests. Root Cause Analysis capabilities are also required for the position.
- Many requests entered in Service Now have a limited amount of information and the requestors may assume the person making the change is fully knowledgeable about the application or infrastructure component that needs to be modified. The complexity of the client’s technology infrastructure, and
- the number of unique servers and applications, will often require the network change team to contact requestors for additional information via email or phone calls.
- Has responsibility for implementing and executing changes for many of their core network technologies. Has also responsibility for following priorities
- set by management and follows management guidance on tasks, activities, work assignments as necessary and ensures escalated change requests
- and problems are raised to management attention in a timely manner.
What do they need from you?
- Technical networking and analytical skills in the supported network technologies, experience on small- to medium-size network infrastructures
- Sound judgment and tact
- Good communication (oral, listening and writing), interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Good teaming, organization and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in task oriented challenging environment
- The ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of clients
- Busy season typically takes place from January to April but other periods during the year may also have increased work volumes.
- Working closely with other team members locally and in other locations is also a requirement and includes daily handovers for urgent/important
- Minimum: High School.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in (Computer) Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Equivalent work experience may be acceptable in lieu of college degree
- 3-6 years in network IT support
- 2-4 years in networking and general project management
- Preferred: Progressive record of growth, project, technical and project skills in maintaining and implementing complex network infrastructures
- Certifications preferred: A+, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL
Shift: Monday to Friday 9-6PM
Health insurance: Swiss Medical (Premium)
Discounts “ASE” (nursery, glasses, etc.)
Club La Nación Premium
Discounts at universities: UADE, Torcuato Di Tella, San Andrés, etc.
Discounts at gym: Megatlón 40% and others
Gifts for marriage, birth/adoption of children
Detalles del trabajo