Descripción del trabajo
We are looking for a Support L1 (IAM Analyst) for one of our important clients. The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Analyst provides the proper execution of requests for more advanced desktop or network security access in accordance with the company’s compliance policies. This role applies moderate technical knowledge effectively to execute restorative activities that support the secure management of digital identities and associated access control functions including those that are more complex or wide reaching in nature. The role maintains proper adherence to the terms of the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) as well as the specific directives guiding an end user’s security clearance. The role executes entitlement and connectivity requests within the appropriate timeframe and directives of the IAM remit. The role records and maintains all proper aligned activities within the IT central repository known as the Active Directory and other applications within the Identity & Access operations environment. The role is an individual contributor but may be asked to provide training and mentoring to the more junior members of the team as needed. The role is managed in the day to day activities by the IAM Specialist.
What are you going to do?
- Acts as second and third tier (Levels 2 and 3) technical support for customer account inquiries in effectively resolving or escalating incidents and inquiries related to access or account management services support across multiple environments and technology platforms.
- Resolves certificate management and account provisioning activities such as certifcates required for secure application access and passwords and user IDs required for access to an IT application, system or resource.
- Conducts operation-level troubleshooting activities to identify and implement efficient incident resolution action that minimizes end user and/or system downtime.
- Conducts proper root cause analysis and make recommendations to improve IAM processes or prevent future occurrence of end user access issues.
- Moderate analytical skills are required to probe for understanding and address as appropriate Active Directory user and groups management issues, Windows File share access management, and access control. The role is expected to make sound decisions in addressing end-user’s access and other security related issues and to recommend improvements to address security issues or gaps. The role has the ability to make general decisions without guidance and direction in problem solving based upon a solid knowledge of the IAM functions, processes and procedures. The role drives the priority and time management of their own efforts to support/resolve assigned activities and communicate results and findings to end users and management as necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft’s Active Directory and basic knowledge of Outlook/Exchange,Oracle Identity Manager, File Share access and Certificate Management. Technologies related to user/group provisioning to effectively provide for core user identity management
- Advanced knowledge of the company’s desktop environment (PC applications, standard software, mobile devices, Telephony, network, servers and general connectivity) as well as security access functions.
- Time management skills to prioritize workload and work through assignments and activities with efficiency and minimal supervision
- Basic consultative skill to effectively questioning and conduct core issue analysis, select and apply appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications to independently resolve complex incidents and problems.
What do they need from you?
- Solid advanced interpersonal skills to deals effectively with individual, group, or situational conflicts through direct interaction with end users. Able to support peers within IT teams in collaborative activities as well as effectively support training and mentoring assignments to IAM Administrators and others as needed.
- Strong oral communication skills in the English language to work effectively with end users and IT peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of security administration experience in support of IT products or security administration and working knowledge of large IT organization operations.
Shift: Monday to Friday 9-6PM
Health insurance: Swiss Medical (Premium)
One day of home office per week after 3 months working at the company
Discounts “ASE” (nursery, glasses, etc.)
Club La Nación Premium
Discounts at universities
Discounts at gym: Megatlón 40%
15 days off for studying per year
Doctors and massages in company
Performance annual bonus
Gifts for marriage, birth/adoption of children
Detalles del trabajo