Descripción del trabajo
The company exists to crush student debt. They are a Series A backed startup, and they’ve made their mission is to make student debt benefits a new normal in employer sponsored benefits plans. They are achieving their mission by empowering employers to crush their talent acquisition and retention goals by introducing a benefit that employees actually care about – student debt relief. Their product is a B2B2C enterprise SaaS platform that fully administers student debt-centric benefits for employers, which is a way more complicated benefit to administer than you think. They are pioneers, developing a new category from the ground up.
The company is seeking a Sr. Backend Software Engineer with a strong background in Laravel. They need someone who can adapt quickly and add value to their fast paced, growing business and also someone who can contribute collaboratively within their software development team. The Sr. Backend Software Engineer will be enhancing their Backend API architecture and infrastructure, as well as developing, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build an awesome backend API using Laravel
- Improve performance, scalability, and availability of their systems
- Troubleshoot any issues as they arise, foresee and address potential problems proactively
- Collaborate with developers and staff to ensure maximum efficiency and arrive at world-class results
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Provide consultation to the product group as they work on new ideas and products
- Analysis and Requirements Gathering
- Apply analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs.
- Gather complex system requirements by meeting with product managers and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and possible solutions for new applications.
- Participate in business / technical planning and cost benefit analysis.
Design and Development
- Advise on priorities and proposed solutions.
- Write new software when examples are not readily available in existing code or online.
- Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output by using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions for complex application development tasks.
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to best practice development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge base systems to simplify code maintenance and to improve support.
- Provide monitoring and guidance in application design and development to other staff.
- Provide thought leadership in designing and developing innovative integrated solutions.
Testing and Documentation
- Create and document complex test scenarios using the appropriate testing tools to validate and verify application functionality.
- Test all changes by using the appropriate complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected and errors are handled in a meaningful way.
- Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials to serve as technical and/or end user references.
Implementation and Maintenance
- Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
- Monitor changes and resolve problems by responding as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and by proactively ensuring the solution works successfully in order to satisfy the customer requirements and to provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
- Provide support by investigating and resolving issues, including complex issues to ensure prompt, effective service.
- Participate in a training program jointly developed with their manager/supervisor to gain technical and soft skills.
- Mentor lower level engineering personnel.
- PHP 7
- Laravel 5
- MySQL 5.7
- Design and implementation of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of user authentication, authorization, and session management between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- SQL database query optimization
- Automated testing: unit and integration
- Git version control
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
- Laravel Nova
Education And Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience building applications with PHP Laravel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred
- Track record of developing dependable innovative code, in an engineering landscape that is constantly changing and evolving
- Preference for experience working on a distributed team
- Preference for previous startup experience
Detalles del trabajo