Descripción del trabajo
We are looking for a Java Lead Engineer based in Latin America to work on a long term project for an innovative startup based in Silicon Valley that will revolutionize the logistics industry.
The client is a stealth-mode logistics startup that aims to provide optimized transportation solutions to suit today’s tech savvy marketplace and provides complete visibility of all transportation needs.
The Engineering Lead will produce and implement functional software solutions for transportation logistics management. This position will work with the VP of Engineering to design software architecture and lead a team of developers responsible for building new web applications.
In this role, the ideal candidate should be able to work independently with little supervision. Should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development (Java)
- Strong object-oriented modeling and API design skills
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORMs
- Experience working with agile methodologies best practices
- Comfortable conducting and undergoing design/code reviews
- Familiarity with UNIX systems
- Experience supporting 24×7 production operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Experience with Java EE (CDI, JPA, JAX-RS) and NodeJS
Detalles del trabajo