Descripción del trabajo
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (Backend) based in Latin America to work on a long-term project for one of our clients, an Internet company based in Los Angeles, California.
Our client’s e-commerce platform aims to empower their community of incredibly talented artists to create and sell art online through over 60 unique product offerings. Their focus is on creating high quality products that bring joy into the homes and lives of their large and growing customer base. They take pride knowing their artists make a living by selling their artwork and designs through.
Our client’s Internet properties have over 100 million unique visitors per month. Their success is based in the stability of their products’ performance, usability, and user experience. It’s platform is built primarily using PHP, Python, React-Redux, MySQL and CouchBase, and is hosted on Amazon Web Services. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but familiarity with other common web languages (such as Ruby) and other relational databases are fine substitutes.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be reporting directly to the VP Engineer and you will be involved in every step of the development process. If you’re seeking an environment where you can have ownership, problem solve with other talented engineers, continue to learn, advance your career, let’s have a conversation!
- You’ll work with a team of high level dedicated engineers and product managers in the creation of our e-commerce platform, tools for artists, mobile optimized sites, and search/discovery for our millions of pieces of art
- You’ll collaborate with team members to conceptualize and build well-crafted scalable solutions that will meet the demands of our high volume of daily traffic and daily transactions
- You’ll constructively provide feedback and insights to your peers through code reviews and other discussions
- You’ll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Advanced English Level
- 4+ years building web applications professionally
- Strong experience developing with PHP
- Significant experience with other imperative programming languages like Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java is a plus
- Experience writing testable, maintainable, and understandable code
- Passion for knowledge, continued learning, and sharing it with others
- Strong communication skills. Being able to explain complex topics to peers, the product team, and other non-technical team members
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen, Mysql, Couchbase, message queues, and Docker highly valuable