Descripción del trabajo
In aircraft servers, they use kvm and Docker, and Kubernetes, Openstack, Openshift for the Cloud. They do CI/CD, which is particularly challenging when your production servers are offline almost all the time, and only get connection when the aircraft land! They use Ansible for some “typical” tasks and home-made stuff, for guaranteeing the service is up, no matter what happened in the aircraft (mainly power off or connection lost).
They use Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for our business metrics and Fluentd, influxDB, Prometheus and Grafana for system monitoring (including aircraft).
They want our teams to be autonomous and self-organized based on goals: every team has all the elements to provide solutions to their problems without dependencies.
They prefer humble people willing and committed to do great things in a great team, rather than rockstars.
What they do
- The API that runs inside the airplanes
- Synchronization between the airplanes and the platform (distributed system)
- Data Analytics System
- DevOps: builds, testing, deploys, automation…
- Code Review and TDD
Technical knowledge and experience
- Experience doing backend development in Java
- Having used and build REST APIs
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux systems
- Good knowledge of git
- Strong attention to documented code, tests, and continuous integration
- Team player
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Good knowledge of information security
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis, elasticsearch
- Experience with docker and ansible (nice to have)
- Self-motivated, diligent and detail oriented
- Team player, but able to work independent
- Eager to learn new skills, continous improvement mindst and able to keep up with the latest technologies
- Open Source user: You have basic knowledge of scripting on Linux systems
- Proactive, with ability to adapt to different working styles and environments
- Patient: Aircraft are not available for us when they fly, and we have short intervention windows, either in remote or on site interventions.
- Organized: Our industry is aviation; we need to have high control of the processes, documentation, quality… and all this, being flexible and adaptable!
- Problem-solver: You have an engineering mindset and love solving complex challenges
- Start: Immediate
- Type: Permanent and full-time contract
- Learning: We provide a great learning context of any tech in our stack
- Working hours: 8 hours/day (flexible work schedule)
- Package: Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Location: Barcelona, Spain